I had no clue what I was looking at when I received pictures of this piece in my email for a quote to have it painted. I'm pretty sure I just quoted her and crossed my fingers. Even when she dropped it off in about 10 pieces (because that's pretty much the only way to fit this beast into a vehicle), I still had no clue what I was looking at. My client, Jane, pretty much had to explain how to put this one together even down to which knobs went on which drawers. I was totally confused. Then, I was really excited! Then, this piece and I fought. We have had a love hate relationship...
After a lot of sanding, banging, and fighting with a drawer to fit into it's hole.. seriously, how did that drawer just suddenly NOT FIT?? It wasn't the paint, the drawer just magically expanded and became too fat to go into the hole I pulled it out of...
After repairing a drawer front that Miss Betsy here literally just spit at me- seriously, it just popped off onto the floor. I'm like, really?!?!...
After fighting with the hardware and my tools that weren't sufficient because things just conveniently disappear around my house (totally not Miss Betsy's fault). It for realzz took almost 4 hours to get all of the hardware back onto this piece... I was very obviously in distress as 4 of my neighbors offered to step in.
I was finally able to see this piece coming together, that's when Miss Betsy and I started loving each other.
I was getting worried, I thought she may never come around.
I originally wasn't going to do much distressing on this piece but that shiny fresh coat of paint just didn't look right with the rough wood.
So, distressing she got.
The cabinet door reads "Tennessee Biscuit Company''
My client tells me this piece was built in 1909.
I think it was worth the fight- and Jane loves it!
Thanks for reading!
P.S. If you haven't become a follower of my blog, I would love if you would!